What is the best way to correct a boss at work when he is not treating the workers well?

Most times , there is situations where business owners treats their workers as they desire without think of the morality of their acts . 

Another issue with this is the right approach to correcting them as they may feel bad about it and may fire the worker for correcting them . 

The question is ,how best can they be corrected as some of them will still not accept their wrong doing even if you did the correction in a calm way . They are too proud to accept their offenses .

I just come right out and say it?? I mean, obviously, I call them aside and have a quiet word. I will often say, 'can I speak freely?' And if they say yes, I just lay it down as is but also as respectfully and firmly as I can. You also have to have concrete evidence to back your claims. Let's just say, I'm not one to shy away from speaking my mind.

The best part is you should not correct at all. In fact you should avoid correcting people. Just often do your job and move on. Because correcting them often works against you. I personally don't correct anyone in the workplace. But not all people can do that and often this ends up being more of issue for those sort of people. 

The best part is you should not correct at all. In fact you should avoid correcting people. Just often do your job and move on. Because correcting them often works against you. I personally don't correct anyone in the workplace. But not all people can do that and often this ends up being more of issue for those sort of people. 

I agree,it is not our job to correct somebody,rather it is better to present our opinion in a passive manner.Bosses tend to have inflated egos and they will be seeking revenge upon if you try to correct them.

Just ignore everything and focus on your work otherwise, you'll end up losing your job. Most of these bosses are always arrogant and believe that they're always right. I think that if you feel like the pressure is too much, you'd rather quit.

I actually got fired from one of my jobs for standing up for myself so you need to be very careful if you are going to criticise someone who is superior to you. Sometimes it's best to leave well alone rather than risk making yourself unpopular or getting fired.

• 2 weeks later...

In the USA, besides the fact that we laws in I place to protect workers, most jobs or workplaces have written policies, procedures, and guidelines for employers to follow when they believe they have been mistreated.  Just follow the rules.  If you don't understand them, get some help.

Honestly, I didn't even try. The only way I know is to wish that the person be transferred to another assignment. I also avoid personal sharing or I try to keep a distance. I keep my phone off when I'm not at work. I just do what I am tasked to do, come to work on time and leave the place on time. I just wish to be able to reach my retirement age. The only thing that makes me happy is my online work. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

It's difficult - you don't want to get on the wrong side of a manager. Some bosses have a tendency to seek revenge, in some way. It's better if you keep a note and report it anonymously to head office for the incident to be investigated. 

That's my opinion though!

• Administrators
On 11/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, ARD said:

In the USA, besides the fact that we laws in I place to protect workers, most jobs or workplaces have written policies, procedures, and guidelines for employers to follow when they believe they have been mistreated.  Just follow the rules.  If you don't understand them, get some help.

This^ 

Coming from an HR stand point, both you and your managers have rules to follow. If they are not, report to HR and file a grievance. Most companies have complaint procedures to follow.