Holiday Traffic

It's usually when I am online more, and get some of the side-projects done. But for sure, over the years I've noticed very few get online during holiday periods.

Good for them though, spending time with family. Good for me as well, as I have time to do things that need to get done.

• 2 weeks later...
Joshua Farrell

Depends. I have seen a number of forums completely die because of holidays, and others thrive more. I think it just depends on how loyal the member base is already, that ends up deciding how the stats on the forum look during that time.

• Like 1

Where I live, there is no holiday season. People won't migrate in great numbers to holiday destinations. Yes, people go on vacation in single or as a family, but that is either in summer when it is too hot or when they feel so.

• Administrators
Thomasss

Given the most recent holiday period, I was rather bus myself! Healthcare is quite a busy time during the holiday season.

Nonetheless, like @Joshua Farrell mentioned, I've seen communities just completely die and others thrive. Depends on the area and the member base you have. I'd recommend getting contests and other activities going before the holiday season begins to get people more involved.

Depends a lot on your user base. That was why I pointed about how people react to holiday season. If they are going to be in some resort in the Maldives, how can contests help ?

I wouldn't. But there again, contests have never worked for us. I'm hard biased against them.

Same. Multiple websites and forums over a decade and a half. I've yet to have a single contest that had any appreciable benefit.