Which ad size works for you?

I don't know how many of you use adsense or any other ad network. I wish to know which size has worked out for you. I have seen a lot of people have currently gone to the auto monetization option in the adsense which makes it easy to just set it and forget it. So we don't get to know which ad size works for our site.

Have you done any form of experiment or test on your own forum or blog to see which size of ad works for you?

When I was actively using Adsense, The leaderboard ad (728x90) worked great at the top of the website, inbetween the header and content body. With a 468x60 and a 300x250 ad, they generally worked best at the bottom of the pages, right at the end of the content, before the footer is loaded. With the blog I was using, a 468x60 ad had received the highest amount of earnings, at the top of the page in between the title of the article and article content.

For me 300x250 in between the content earns me the most. Maybe that could because of the layout of the forum. And it can be pretty good in context of the forums content and ad placement. I have seen a lot of people praising the leaderboard ad. Never worked for me though.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I use Auto Ads for Adsense, so Google finds for me the optimal ad size.

I'm starting to come across some issues with Auto Ads.

• Administrators

Which issues did you encounter?

We're currently running six(!) ads on our mobile homepage because Google thinks that's best. It's not - and I plan to resolve it.

• Administrators

It doesn't happen for my website and I also use Auto Ads.

You run a conventional software.

That’s the difference. The AI knows where to place ads on your website.

• 7 months later...

I'm using Auto Ads on Google Adsense but I'm running into many errors. There is a huge grey box on the top, where a ad placement should be. Perhaps it takes time to update or is this a glitch? Has anyone else experienced something similar? Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...