Ad Placement

Joshua Farrell

If you were to add ads to your forum or website (or if you already have ads), where would you consider placing said ads?

For Leaderboard Ads, I will generally place them in between the header of the forum, and the content body. Rarely do I place them in the footer. For the regular banner ad (468x60), I tend to place it at the end of the content page (before the footer), or in between the page title and the content body. Rarely do I insert them after certain post numbers, but I have done it previously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrators

It depends really on the design of the website, but I think I'd generally put an ad somewhere near or in the header but not in a place where it would become overpowering to the user.

Something subtle and to the side so if the user looks around they see it, but if they try and ignore it, it doesn't get in the way because ultimately, you need to ask yourself if you want the user to use the site or click an ad to make you money.

• 3 weeks later...

I think my forum is too young and too new to do this (it opened a couple weeks ago) maybe when it grows I might look into something like this but for now it might scare people away if I add it.