• Administrators

What does everyone think about the Coronavirus scare going around the world at the moment? Do you believe it's going to be the next "epidemic" and ruin country economies?

Near where I live, a Costco had a line out the door, and around the building, with people wanting to stock up on things. Take a look at the video: Chaos at Costco: shoppers clean out Las Vegas Valley stores in fears of coronavirus

What do you think about all of this? Are you preparing for the apocalypse?

• Administrators

What does everyone think about the Coronavirus scare going around the world at the moment?

Hype not assisted by the media. There’s nothing to it.

• Administrators

The flu is worse. :p The only reason this is big is how quickly this has spread, and the fact that it hit the one country that supplies the majority of the United States with, well...everything.

The flu isn't "worse" - they're both equally bad. At least we know more about the flu than we do the coronavirus, I think that is why most people are panicking. :p

• Administrators

Ever look at the back of a Lysol can?

Kills "Human Coronavirus"

Tell me they didn't know.

One heck of a sales campaign. :P

• Administrators

and also NBA season postponed!

This is huge! I can't believe they are doing this - it makes sense but wow...this is getting serious now!

• Administrators

They’re cancelling everything from Monday. Just so Scott can go see the NRL over the weekend.

All my train trips have been cancelled.

• Administrators

We have a presumptive case in our town here, the state just declared state of emergency. ? Everything has been shutdown, lines at the shopping centers basically tripled now that we have the presumptive case and a confirmed one in a town over. It’s all insanity and I just want damn tissues for my allergies.

• Administrators

I just want to work a train. So, you know, I know how you feel. ?

• Haha 1

As of this week, I am not working at the kitchen I have been with for the past 4 years, due to number restrictions in the state of Utah, because of the request of the governor for religious buildings, and the corporation running the cafeteria deciding to not serve, because of restrictions set by the organization that owns the building.

I think it is still a big scare, but I can't believe that I have to temporarily not work, just because the business wants to make sure no one at work gets sick, because of unknown carriers of the virus interacting at the food line.

As of today, the number of confirmed cases in Tennessee is 98. There's been around 10 new cases each day for the last week. We also got our first confirmed case in my county today. It's crazy how quickly the numbers have rose.

• Administrators

NSW and Victoria are potentially going into lockdown from some point in the next couple of days.

• Administrators

Las Vegas looks like a damn ghost town. It’s almost surreal.

The sherrifs department is going around enforcing the “non essential” business lockdown, they’re giving citations and revoking business licenses at the moment - I have to have a letter from my employer in my car mentioning I am essential so I can move about. ?

Nearly 1,000 cases in Florida, 170 in my county. My college has been moved online for the rest of the semester, and I'm in quarantine! Freaking out, kinda.

• Administrators

and I'm in quarantine!

Oh no - you haven't got it have you?

Oh no - you haven't got it have you?

No, no. Our state recommends self-quarantine for the time-being to slow down the spread of the virus.

Haven't gotten to the point of doing self quarantine here, but a number of adults are doing so, in order to keep their kids from catching anything. Haven't seen many people with their kids out and about since the school district closed up till they make a decision on whether or no they are opening after their local spring break.

• Administrators

I've spent the last two days trying to book some obscure tests. All hospitals have ceased outpatient appointments.

I've spent the last two days trying to book some obscure tests. All hospitals have ceased outpatient appointments.

Yikes! Hope you can get something done. I have appointments that were scheduled 3 months back for next week and the week after and I'm curious if they'll be canceled. The hospitals are low on supplies so I don't know what will happen.

• Administrators

Hope you can get something done.

I managed to book the MRI through a radiology place. But still... no hospitals doing outpatient stuff that they really need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It's insane here. We're at a stay at home order and no one is really listening to it. I was wearing scrubs the other day into the grocery store and the amount of people that made every attempt to run away and avoid any contact with me was ridiculous. I had to do self check out with at least 70 items because one of the cashiers were afraid of "catching the virus" even though she was wearing gloves without changing them out between people, you know, like proper infection control calls for.

It's fine.

It's insane here. We're at a stay at home order and no one is really listening to it. I was wearing scrubs the other day into the grocery store and the amount of people that made every attempt to run away and avoid any contact with me was ridiculous. I had to do self check out with at least 70 items because one of the cashiers were afraid of "catching the virus" even though she was wearing gloves without changing them out between people, you know, like proper infection control calls for.

It's fine.

What do you do that you need scrubs on?

• Administrators

Note: N95 masks hurt. Real..Bad..

What do you do that you need scrubs on?

I work in healthcare. :)