Hello, I'm Erin!

Hi, I am Erin! I am married with 2 cats. I am a programmer by day and discord server owner by night. I love playing Animal Crossing and The Sims! My husband plays games like Skyrim and Cyberpunk. We live in AZ for now but we are soon going to be moving. I'm trying to get a job in IT. I have a degree in the field and it is difficult to get a job with COVID.

I watch a lot of YouTube and The Simpsons.

Nice to meet all of you!

• Like 1

It’s not COVID causing that. Not in IT, at least.

Welcome to the site!

Really? :(

I had recruiters go over my resume and I am getting interviews but I've been applying to 350-600 jobs per day most days (maybe 3 weeks off max) since end of January. Still nothing. Hearing that you think COVID isn't affecting IT is making me feel worse.

• Administrators

Really? :(

I had recruiters go over my resume and I am getting interviews but I've been applying to 350-600 jobs per day most days (maybe 3 weeks off max) since end of January. Still nothing. Hearing that you think COVID isn't affecting IT is making me feel worse.

Sounds like me from five years ago.

Got poached for my current role.

I worked out of an office they came to for networking. I explained my wide and varied skillset, contracted over for a while and then got offered a full-time gig.

Nice!

Is your company currently hiring during COVID? I'm just asking to get a gauge of what is happening in the career space.

• Like 1