Do you sell ads directly?

ShawnHikes

For those of you who sell ads directly, how do you determine the cost and benefits of the ads? I mean what do you charge and for what do you charge?

Ad selling directly is something I want to get into one day but don't really have a real strategy for it.

• 8 months later...

Yes, I do sell ads directly as well as monetizing through Adsense. Customers purchase a text link in the footer of the forum, starting from 5$ a month. It's a good way to help cover web hosting & domain registrar costs. 

• 2 months later...

I am sure most of the websites determine the cost based on the traffic alone. As for me, I will try to get the information from Google Adsense and then try to charge the same.
In that way, you will be able to get decent ads and you can add them directly to the index page or any other page.

Or you could also take some suggestions from the SEO tools which can give you the estimation. It's not going to be easy but everything needs some time and research.

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can sell your ads directly with the help of LinkedIn. here your can submit your ads and get huge traffic on your ads.

I sell banner ads based on how much traffic my site has. I was selling about $50 /mo with my site that had 500k views. I find monthly ads easier on everyone versus PPC or PPM, though as a seller you won't make as much off of a client you will have more clients doing the monthly rate.