I'm a huge advocate of AdBlockers and recently YouTube started to have problems loading videos with ads in them so I looked at getting YouTube premium and discovered you can only get it as a package deal for £11.99 that includes YouTube music!

Does anyone subscribe to YouTube premium? How do you find it and is it really worth the price tag each month?

• Administrators

discovered you can only get it as a package deal for £11.99 that includes YouTube music!

See, I have the grandfathered plan that has both Google Play Music and YouTube Music.

In Ye Olde Days, I used Play Music. It was a good deal.

See, I have the grandfathered plan that has both Google Play Music and YouTube Music.

In Ye Olde Days, I used Play Music. It was a good deal.

How much do you pay for that?

Nope. I don't see the benefits of paying that much just to use YouTube without ads.

Exactly. I'd pay like £4.99 a month for just the no-ads bit, but I'm not paying £11.99 when it must include the music aspect too. It's too much and I don't need it. I already have Apple Music.

• 3 months later...

I did have the YouTube Premium Trial at one time. But, I cancelled the subscription as it's not worth £11.99 a month just to watch videos without advertising. I'd much rather just use my Adblocker on YouTube instead. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Alexander said:

I did have the YouTube Premium Trial at one time. But, I cancelled the subscription as it's not worth £11.99 a month just to watch videos without advertising. I'd much rather just use my Adblocker on YouTube instead. 

See, but that £11.99 directly supports the people making the videos. Which is why you don’t see ads. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, ARx182 said:

They're making enough as it is.

No, not all of them are. 

The amount of advertisements on YouTube has exploded recently, it's crazy really, but I still won't pay that much for premium as I don't care for their music service. I just use ad-blockers and will stop using their apps until they lower the amount of advertisements.