Hi guys! VoxGrid is the forums page that I run. At the time of writing this, I have currently closed my board (at least for another 3-4 days) because I am merging another site with mine. 

So, while I appreciate that you cannot see anything at the moment, I will update this thread once everything has been sorted out! It has 437 members and around 5420 posts! Thank you for reading.

site.PNG.b87e468ff94dab35df95494501a77c47.PNG

Edited by _B_

It's not horrible. 

The purple for the icons should be lighter, you cannot really read them. Also, why is it purple? Nothing of your theme has purple in it other than the icons - it just doesn't match your color palette. Make the colors match. Right now you have a header with like 5 different shades of blue, which do not even match the title bars; let alone the purple. Dark themes are hard to make without making it look tacky. You've done well with it being tacky. 😛

Remove the purple, find dedicated color palettes, and start changing colors! Also, the background is a lighter shade of gray, try making it a bit darker. 

I also do not understand your logo? Why does it have a bull horn? 

• Like 1
  • Community Engagement
10 hours ago, Moo-d said:

It's not horrible. 

The purple for the icons should be lighter, you cannot really read them. Also, why is it purple? Nothing of your theme has purple in it other than the icons - it just doesn't match your color palette. Make the colors match. Right now you have a header with like 5 different shades of blue, which do not even match the title bars; let alone the purple. Dark themes are hard to make without making it look tacky. You've done well with it being tacky. 😛

Remove the purple, find dedicated color palettes, and start changing colors! Also, the background is a lighter shade of gray, try making it a bit darker. 

I also do not understand your logo? Why does it have a bull horn? 

This is some really good feedback, like... really good.

For me (seeing how I can't visit the site) :

1. On the right, the "current rank" is shown twice, one with the userbar and one with text. This seems wasteful.
  2. I agree with @Moo-dthat your colour palette needs work - you have a red notification alert (fine for unread) blue bars, black "containers", gray background, purple icons... there's too much clash. I'd suggest a dark gray / red theme to keep everything uniform. This will form part of your brand.
  3. Your logo seems basic, and small for the container (this is actually fine, given  the spacing on mobile). Make the containing header smaller, and work on changing your logo to something that makes your brand stand out more.

Good luck with the site! 🙂

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Moo-d said:

The purple for the icons should be lighter, you cannot really read them

Fully concur. I have no issue against using purple, but there are lighter hues of purple that would make things more legible. 

As @Katossaid - Dark Theme doesn’t mean “Black Theme”. Things still need to be able to be read. 

• 2 weeks later...

The edges of the logo do not look smooth at all. Also, can't help but question what relevance cryptocurrency has in a general discussion forum (which I presume is the niche of your forum). On the positive side of things, you have a wide range of sections; just the right amount in my opinion. The theme is also really nice, although it could do with some modifications, i.e. changing the purple text in the footer. Nonetheless, good luck with your forum!