When paying for posts, do you pay in your currency?

• Administrators

Say you are paying a member for a service to post on your forum. The price is $5, but you are in a difference currency than the service provider. PayPal will usually tell you how much the other person is going to get when they convert the currency - so the question is, do you pay the $5 in your currency, or do you pay $5 in their currency? 

I end up paying more when converting any from USD to whatever. 😞

• Administrators

Generally I payed in Australian Dollars; the board is supported by a business and things need to be kept in check on our accounts. I don’t buy posts anymore - I can’t find anyone who cares enough about it to not try to get the job done as fast as they can. 

PayPal will always find a way to sting you. Regardless of whether you send the payment in their currency or in yours.  I tend to pay in their currency and go along with the conversion rate that PP says. 

Generally speaking, whenever I pay someone for online services that has a different currency than I do, I use a calculator (or Paypal's automatic calendar) to translate the price in their currency. Whatever the equal amount is I'm always okay with.