ThemeHouse Introduces Native App

• Administrators

I wouldn’t be downloading it for my personal recreational use, let alone installing it onto my board. 

Honestly tired of ThemeHouse, addons/renewals are way to expensive. Add-ons often lead to my website having so many issues.

16 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Honestly tired of ThemeHouse, addons/renewals are way to expensive. Add-ons often lead to my website having so many issues.

I thought ThemeHouse was pretty decent? Their themes look nice !

3 hours ago, Thomasss said:

Right in time for IPB to publish both of their apps...Interesting. 😛

I find it odd that ThemeHouse says they are developing their app for IPS too. Maybe they're trying to be the competitor app? I know IPS won't be selling native apps for a bit...

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Paanda said:

I find it odd that ThemeHouse says they are developing their app for IPS too. Maybe they're trying to be the competitor app? I know IPS won't be selling native apps for a bit...

Don't see why that's odd. Makes sense that ThemeHouse would want to have a monopoly on the app market. One app for everything.

17 minutes ago, s3_gunzel said:

Don't see why that's odd. Makes sense that ThemeHouse would want to have a monopoly on the app market. One app for everything.

It'd be sad if IPS's app was not better than the a third party app. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Paanda said:

It'd be sad if IPS's app was not better than the a third party app. 

The argument's not about it being better, it's about it being more convenient. ThemeHouse would likely win there.

Just now, s3_gunzel said:

The argument's not about it being better, it's about it being more convenient. ThemeHouse would likely win there.

Not if it's for IPS. I don't think they're making an app that is all inclusive of all communities who run said softwares, I think they're just native apps for certain softwares. ThemeHouse would be great for XenForo since they create addons and themes for XenForo, but IPS? Bit of a fight there. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Paanda said:

I don't think they're making an app that is all inclusive of all communities who run said softwares

Well, that's stupid.

• Haha 1

A forum wouldn't be a discussion board if ThemeHouse or something similar was implemented. Social media is growing, and online forums are dying but I still have passion for my community. The app looks a lot like Facebook too! 

I won't be downloading it.