Website Review: Bizdustry

Alexander

I think that you’ve basically decided this was the best way to use a XenForo license you either had or wanted to purchase.

The issue I have is that these sorts of sites (DigitalPoint being a perfect example) tend to encourage SEO spam. You end up in a position where everyone is in a massive shouting match. I wouldn’t join, I’ll get nothing out of it. 

22 hours ago, s3_gunzel said:

I think that you’ve basically decided this was the best way to use a XenForo license you either had or wanted to purchase.

The issue I have is that these sorts of sites (DigitalPoint being a perfect example) tend to encourage SEO spam. You end up in a position where everyone is in a massive shouting match. I wouldn’t join, I’ll get nothing out of it. 

Thank you for your honest feedback. I actually purchased the website not to long ago, and the webpage came with a XenForo forum & blog. In relation to SEO spam, would you mind clarifying what this is and how to prevent it?

8 hours ago, Alexander said:

In relation to SEO spam, would you mind clarifying what this is and how to prevent it?

Go for a stroll through DigitalPoint. It’s the best example I can think of. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Alexander said:

added "Tabs"

Oh hell. Now all your content is behind another click which - while it may lengthen the amount of time it takes for someone to be on your site - now also lengthens the time it takes for me to find anything useful. I hate, and I mean hate tabs with a passion. 

Edit: Right, so. I had a proper look. Few things that stand out: 

1) There’s tabs. They’re not necessary, and always detract from the user experience 

2) In a lot of cases (but two) there’s one or two boards under a tab. Arguably, this enforces my belief they’re not necessary on your site and are only there because you want them there. 

How is it that I say “be careful of SEO Spam” and you go “oh I should add tabs”. Seems like a weird choice. 

1 hour ago, Thomasss said:

I do agree with @Moo-d, the header ad is a bit much.

I agree, I would like a smaller rectangle style banner in the header. Currently, the ads are set to automatically display on my website. I'm fairly new to adsense - is there anyway to disable this placement in specific?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not going to lie, the theme is quite nice. The amount of ads though is ridiculous. Had two pop up as I was trying to register - decided not too. Also, a lot of your posts are rather spammy and don't make much sense. 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

As of today I noticed that Bizdustry has cut back on the amount of ads and that looks so much better as well as being easier to navigate. Some of the ads simply interfered with trying to click on pages. It looks cleaner now and there are a ton of threads to reply to as well as constant activity which is nice.

You say it's a custom theme but it looks exactly like the Xenforo default theme. Otherwise, it's a nice site. The name is pretty catchy, too. Rolls of the tongue well.