• Administrators

I think that you’ve basically decided this was the best way to use a XenForo license you either had or wanted to purchase.

The issue I have is that these sorts of sites (DigitalPoint being a perfect example) tend to encourage SEO spam. You end up in a position where everyone is in a massive shouting match. I wouldn’t join, I’ll get nothing out of it. 

22 hours ago, s3_gunzel said:

I think that you’ve basically decided this was the best way to use a XenForo license you either had or wanted to purchase.

The issue I have is that these sorts of sites (DigitalPoint being a perfect example) tend to encourage SEO spam. You end up in a position where everyone is in a massive shouting match. I wouldn’t join, I’ll get nothing out of it. 

Thank you for your honest feedback. I actually purchased the website not to long ago, and the webpage came with a XenForo forum & blog. In relation to SEO spam, would you mind clarifying what this is and how to prevent it?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Alexander said:

In relation to SEO spam, would you mind clarifying what this is and how to prevent it?

Go for a stroll through DigitalPoint. It’s the best example I can think of. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 hours ago, Alexander said:

added "Tabs"

Oh hell. Now all your content is behind another click which - while it may lengthen the amount of time it takes for someone to be on your site - now also lengthens the time it takes for me to find anything useful. I hate, and I mean hate tabs with a passion. 

Edit: Right, so. I had a proper look. Few things that stand out: 

1) There’s tabs. They’re not necessary, and always detract from the user experience 

2) In a lot of cases (but two) there’s one or two boards under a tab. Arguably, this enforces my belief they’re not necessary on your site and are only there because you want them there. 

How is it that I say “be careful of SEO Spam” and you go “oh I should add tabs”. Seems like a weird choice. 

1 hour ago, Thomasss said:

I do agree with @Moo-d, the header ad is a bit much.

I agree, I would like a smaller rectangle style banner in the header. Currently, the ads are set to automatically display on my website. I'm fairly new to adsense - is there anyway to disable this placement in specific?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...