Is the Covid vaccine safe?

Thomasss

I personally won't... Simply because it's being rushed. Now I'm not an anti-vaxer etc. Just saying I don't like anything being injected into my body without knowing the true side effects. I work from home starting Jan 18, so I'm also not too worried about not getting it. I want to see where it goes and how it affects people.

• Love 1

While I'm not worried about short term effects, I'm still worried about the long term effects this could have on people eventually. I don't want to end up one day regretting the decision, or having drugs, etc. no longer work because of the vaccine. Who knows what could go wrong...

I don't want microchips inserted into me. 

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Seriously though, I'll be in line getting it. It's similar to the flu shot, and any chance of not contracting symptoms for COVID and you know...not dying or suffering any more than I need too, is a chance I will take. 

• 2 weeks later...

While it is great news that a vaccine has been developed and approved, I am still quite sceptical about it. Can I also add that I am definitely not an "anti-vaxxer". The reason why I am not sure about it's safety is due to how quick it has gone through each of these stages. The long-term effects or general side effects aren't clear and neither is the period of immunity. Personally, I still have doubts if I would take it. 

What are your guys opinions?

I'm just going to put a warning out: Sharing an opinion - is fine, sharing anti-vaxination sentiments, or claiming vaccines cause autism is not. I trust members to do the right thing and not make this an issue. There are presently a lot of unknowns about this vaccine and we are not in the business of sharing misinformation. I will not hesitate to remove posts that are on the wrong side of the argument about vaccinating in general.

That said: I am not necessarily concerned about the vaccine. If there were major issues it would not have received regulatory approval

• Love 2

• Owner

I'm hoping to get it in the next few weeks or sooner. 

I believe enough in science to know that this is as safe as they can make it. I'm more worried about the needle than the actual vaccine. I'm also excited that mRNA technology has been used to develop this vaccine, and maybe one day it'll be used for the flu or..you know...when we have another pandemic. 

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt I will be receiving the vaccine until more studies can be done on it from the individuals that take it to get a broader understanding of how it will affect the body; both short term and long term.

• Administrators

I'm not sure about the Pfizer vaccine, plus the new Astrazenca one either. Purely because of how fast they've had to have been brought out. I'm usually an advocate for vaccines overall, but the COVID ones haven't had the years of testing that normally comes with bringing a new vaccine to market.

The Pfizer vaccine was given to two NHS nurses in the UK and they had bad allergic reactions to them, both had a history of severe allergies to things so I'm a little skeptical. But ultimately I'll have to take it at some point though.

I have to weight up my overall health and the risks of COVID and to be honest, I probably should just take it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Short answer, no thank you.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:21 PM, s3_gunzel said:

I'm just going to put a warning out: Sharing an opinion - is fine, sharing anti-vaxination sentiments, or claiming vaccines cause autism is not. I trust members to do the right thing and not make this an issue. There are presently a lot of unknowns about this vaccine and we are not in the business of sharing misinformation. I will not hesitate to remove posts that are on the wrong side of the argument about vaccinating in general.

That said: I am not necessarily concerned about the vaccine. If there were major issues it would not have received regulatory approval

In regards to this briefly, this is a bit confusing as you are essentially stating that the thoughts and opinions of the "Anti-Vax" community are invalid and can't be shared but opinions are okay which really hurts my brain that you're saying that one thing is fine but sharing other information and, again, opinions is not. 

I'm not trying to get into anything here the logic just doesn't make sense.

Edited by Dan

s3_gunzel
2 hours ago, Dan said:

the thoughts and opinions of the "Anti-Vax" community are invalid and can't be shared

An opinion - for example - stating that you feel that <blah> is fine. Spreading that opinion as fact isn’t. Likewise repeating old, knowingly false rhetoric isn’t either. Common sense approach. 

During the trials of the vaccines I think 2/10 people had their faces paralyzed (I forgot what it was called) much like those who suffered from a stroke. Though the reaction only lasted a few weeks to a month it was never officially linked to the vaccine. One of the first people who received the vaccine died a little while after from covid as well. Not saying this to scare anyone away, but just spreading some information relating to it. I personally won't be getting it for a while, and I'm sure the early stages much like everything else it could have some lasting side effects that we won't know until years later.

• Owner
49 minutes ago, s3_gunzel said:

How was your tetanus jab? 😬

Honestly didn’t feel a thing. I had a nurse hold my hand because I’m terrified of needles but it was easy peasy. Excited to get the second dose!

15 hours ago, Thomasss said:

Honestly didn’t feel a thing. I had a nurse hold my hand because I’m terrified of needles but it was easy peasy. Excited to get the second dose!

How are you feeling now? Heard most of the symptoms don't appear until the next few days after. 

• Owner
Just now, Rory said:

How are you feeling now? Heard most of the symptoms don't appear until the next few days after. 

I'm feeling okay actually. My co-workers are experiencing flu like symptoms, but overall, nothing too bad other than a sore arm/pain at the injection site. 

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Thomasss said:

I'm feeling okay actually. My co-workers are experiencing flu like symptoms, but overall, nothing too bad other than a sore arm/pain at the injection site. 

Is that a second dose for a COVID vaccine?

The big brains in the UK government have said that everyone has one dose as there is more to go around so more people vaccinated with less protection. I can see the logic but I don't want to give them credit considering the poor management of the overall pandemic 🙄