Remove post count from post profiles

Daniel

Question

• Administrators

I see that Forumer has undergone some changes recently where by the post profile (the avatar and badges etc to the left of posts) has been tweaked a bit and I'd like to suggest that what we currently have is great, but I think a way to make the profile here slightly smaller would be to remove the post count.

Post count is a pretty boring / pointless metric really. Reputation gives somewhat of an insight into how popular and respected the person is on the site, but post count is just a number that goes up and maybe sometimes down.

It can still be seen on a persons full profile, do we really need it next to all posts too?

• Love 1

12 answers to this question

On 2/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, s3_gunzel said:

You’ll have 25 odd years to get used to it. 

Why 25 years?

s3_gunzel
2 hours ago, Screeny said:

Why 25 years?

By that time the fad of removing peoples post counts will be gone and we’ll be back to normal. 

(it was actually a joke based on an arbitrary timeframe - who knows where we’ll be in 25 years? I don’t.)

• Administrators
5 hours ago, s3_gunzel said:

By that time the fad of removing peoples post counts will be gone and we’ll be back to normal. 

(it was actually a joke based on an arbitrary timeframe - who knows where we’ll be in 25 years? I don’t.)

In 25 years forums won't exist. We'll all communicate via our minds.

Or we'll remove avatars next...?

On 2/9/2021 at 1:16 AM, Puppuccino said:

Or we'll remove avatars next...?

Wouldn't that be a change. 😛 I love not having post counts on the posts - it's arbitrary and annoying. 

• Love 1

s3_gunzel
44 minutes ago, Puppuccino said:

Post count is a pretty boring / pointless metric really.

Concur. I don't see the reason to have post count there either. Maybe also bumping up the members title and subsequent content maybe 15 or so px as well. Deep six the extraneous <br> that's there.

FWIW: Would look like this:

image.png

• Smile 1

Important Information