Think of good questions!

ChrisGrigg

21 hours ago, Rory said:

What made you start a hosting business?

Back in the day, 2010, I had been using all types of free hosts and other hosting platforms for various projects. I didn't know much about the hosting side of things or cpanel really..
I had reached out to support many times asking questions and I always either had to wait hours for a ticket response or their live chat said that my questions were "out of their scope of support". After getting this response more times than I care to count; I decided to start learning about web hosting, servers, and other things that are required to run a host. Then I went for it and started with a reseller account to really dive right in and begin learning. After starting with some friends and their projects, I branched out and began finding other clients. I vouched to help others even if it wasn't "in our scope of support". I wanted to Google answers and find the client their answer instead. This is what I was really after...the community engagement. Who cares if we are not the largest host on the web; all that matters is that we provide better support than other hosts and treat each customer like they are a family member needing help. To this day, we still work by this motto.