DreamWeaver Editor Who is Still using it?

I remember the time when I learned Photoshop and Dreamweaver as a part of course. Flash was also pretty much in demand in those times. In past there were some of the editors but DreamWeaver was popular one which was in use a lot. And now after some time people started using CMS like WordPress, etc. And the need for the editors for the HTML editing was reduced, though people still used others like Sublime Text, Visual Studio Code and Notepad++. But dreamweaver being paid application, less people used it in last few years. I heard that it is still being sold too. 

Do you use or have used the dreamweaver in the past?

Then 10 years ago if you passed the course for Dreamveawer you could easy get a job in some smaller developer Company in Junior position. I should take that course. My friend did and he is on much better pay or position.

To be honest, I really don't think that's still the case. I don't know any company requiring a developer to work with Dreamweaver. You should just know whatever you need to know for the job. I've landed multiple developer jobs in the past couple of years just by having demonstrable experience (and I don't even have a degree). 

I've landed multiple developer jobs in the past couple of years just by having demonstrable experience (and I don't even have a degree). 

If you work for goverment they often ask a degree. I know several projects where some Company with a lot of experience didn't apply to job since they didn't have workers with some special degree. They all have knowledge and experience but they don't have official paper which will prove they knowledge.

• 4 months later...

I remember a lot of my friends used that editor. And then other editors came along. I also remember Coffee CUP HTML editor being one of the known editor for those who were into purely HTML coding. I think eventually all popular and paid software dies down. Even adobe has some of such products.

If you work for goverment they often ask a degree. I know several projects where some Company with a lot of experience didn't apply to job since they didn't have workers with some special degree. They all have knowledge and experience but they don't have official paper which will prove they knowledge.

Then simply don't work for the government. :p

I've worked for several types of businesses (digital agencies, marketing agencies and currently for an international wholesale / production company) without said degree. In most cases, being able to show a solid portfolio (and thus knowledge) combined with x amount of years of experience is worth more than some piece of paper saying you completed a course. I honestly couldn't care less about someone's degree if I'd need to hire someone. I want to see actual projects you've worked on and I'd like you to be able to tell me why it was done the way it's done.

Don't get me wrong - it's nice to have a degree, but I disagree with the fact that only a degree proves knowledge. I've trained people that got their first dev jobs after graduating and they generally had way too little knowledge. It's all about the experience you gain while actually employed as a developer.

The place I currently work at also asked for a university degree. Didn't have one, applied anyway and got hired (and it's not the first time it happened like that). And it's not even a junior level job. I'm currently running the marketing department (I'm not only a developer).

Edited by Mace
  • 5 months later...