Would you offer a VIP membership on your forum for people who would like to support you?

I think that it's a good deal --- members who like your work and would like to support what you are doing can purchase a VIP membership and get some benefits from it like a private VIP forum, colored names, or whatever you decide to include as benefits. But for that to work you should have a large amount of users or at least a few loyal ones in my opinion.

• Administrators

Would you offer a VIP membership on your forum for people who would like to support you?

Cost vs Benefit of a VIP membership is an issue.

If someone wants to donate, I won't begrudge them, but you can't expect to receive back from that donation.

• 2 months later...

I personally wish to see the value in the VIP membership. If it is just some signature and banner. I see no reason to bother upgrading. Lets see even the big marketing forums like warriorforum had to put on interviews behind pay wall to justify the membership. Just signature and banner days are gone. Nobody goes premium for that.

• 4 months later...

Yes. I have been offering a VIP membership on my discussion board to those who kindly wish to support me and the webpage. Our members will receive various benefits which include a private forum, coloured usernames, unlimited PM storage, and some discounted services. It's hard to know what to "give back" for a user who pays a monthly membership. One way you could find out is from asking the community what benefits they'd like to see, publicly on your forum.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of a VIP membership but for a lot of forums there's no real incentive to getting one.

Usually the features only include a rank image / title, a private forum and perhaps a small ad somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Yes. I have been offering a VIP membership on my discussion board to those who kindly wish to support me and the webpage. Our members will receive various benefits which include a private forum, coloured usernames, unlimited PM storage, and some discounted services. It's hard to know what to "give back" for a user who pays a monthly membership. One way you could find out is from asking the community what benefits they'd like to see, publicly on your forum.

Do many people donate to your forum? That's great that there are those that still want to donate financially to forums. It would be cool to make a living just by people donating to your forum.